RSS

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why Did I Set 'Eating Breakfast Everyday' to be my Mission?

Well, before I start my grandmother story,





We must know, why is it important to eat breakfast?




According to Barbara Farner, an Extension Educator of Nutrition and Wellness Matteson Center,

There are many good reasons to eat breakfast:

• It helps to “break” the fast since the last meal eaten the night before.

• It gives you energy throughout the morning and you are more able to focus.

• Children who eat breakfast are able to pay attention in school and have more energy.

• People who eat breakfast are less likely to overeat at lunchtime.


Therefore, if you would like to have a good day, then you should start your day by having healthy breakfast everyday~!!



It was actually a sudden idea of what to do for my assignment.
My lecturer gave us an exercise yesterday during our lesson.

The exercise was cited from one of the teaching materials he got from the text book.
(if you would like to find out which book is it, i may find out for you)




In that exercise, there were 7 health practises shown.
  1. Getting seven or eight hours of sleep daily
  2. Eating breakfast almost everyday
  3. Rarely eating between meals
  4. Drinking alcohol in moderation or not at all
  5. Not smoking
  6. Exercising regularly
  7. Maintaining weight near the prescribed ideal
So, we were asked to check whether how many of these practises are we practising?
My answer was 4 which is practise 3, 4, 5, and 6.
From the text, Alameda Country researchers found that people who practised six or seven basic health-related behaviors were less likely to die than those who practise zero to three of these behaviors.
It was frightening. This is because I felt that all these health practises where just small little tiny things in part of our life. I do not wish to die earlier just because of these tiny practises. Thus, I had decided to set my goal to eat breakfast everyday.
I start my misson tomorrow morning!!!!

1 comment: